When it comes to our health, sleep is as vital as regular exercise and eating a balanced diet but sometimes people underestimate the power and importance of sleep . Medically speaking, Adults need a minimum of seven hours sleep every night for improved health and well-being.
Sleep is very crucial for our overall health and wellbeing and allows our bodies and brain to repair , restore and re-energise.
Studies have also having less than 7 hours of sleep has some negative effects which includes – increased stress hormones and the release of adrenaline, higher mortality rate. Hence it is important that people make an effort to get enough sleep regularly.
What we are talking about here is the quality of sleep . In order to determine the quality of your sleep , we are going to a quick test right away by asking you the following questions
1. Do you find it hard to go to sleep?
2. Do you wake up during the night and then find it hard to get back to sleep?
3. Do you wake up earlier than you want to and find it hard to get back to sleep?
4. When you wake up, do you feel exhausted?
5. Do you feel tired and irritable during the day?
6. Do you find it difficult to concentrate during the day because you are feeling tired?
If you answer to these or some of these questions is “YES” . It is a clear indication that you have a sleep problem known as Insomnia .
This medical condition changes your brain chemistry so that when you go to bed your brain is overactive and stops you sleeping. Or you fall asleep but wake up in the middle of night, usually going to the bathroom, and then struggle to resettle afterwards.
Goodnews for you !! If you want to improve the quality of your sleep , then you have to follow these practices
– Stop using electronic devices like phones or laptops or watching TV at least 30 mins before sleep.
– Ensure your sleep schedule is consistent.
– Avoid caffeine at least 6 hours before you go to bed, and alcohol within 3 hours.
-Ensure your bedroom is not too hot or too cold. (Between 15.6°C to 19.4 °C)
If you are a stressed sleeper , we highly recommend NuviaLab Relax which gives you sleep support . This supplement is formulated with lemaon leaf extract and other natural ingredients to help you relax and improve the quality of your sleep
For the stressed sleeper – NuviaLab Relax Do you typically sleep well but sometimes need sleep support with extra life pressures? NuviaLab Relax – Formulated with lemon balm leaf extract, valerian root extract, and magnesium, especially effective to help you to relax, restore inner calm, and improve quality of sleep.
BENEFITS OF SLEEP
The following are some of the many health benefits of Sleep according to health professionals
- Better productivity and concentration
- Lower weight gain risk
- Better calorie regulation
- Better performance in sports
- Lower risk of heart disease
- Stronger immune system
- depression prevention
The following are the breakdown of sleep recommendation for improved Health according to CDC [Centers for disease control and prevention]
- Newborns (0–3 months): 14–17 hours
- Infants (4–12 months): 12–16 hours
- Toddler (1–2 years): 11–14 hours
- Preschool (3–5 years): 10–13 hours
- School age (6–12 years): 9–12 hours
- Teen (13–18 years): 8–10 hours
- Adult (18–60 years): 7-plus hours
- Adult (61–64 years): 7–9 hours
- Adult (65+ years): 7–8 hours
As an individual , you can do the following to improve your sleep quality
- Avoiding sleeping in when you have had enough sleep.
- Going to bed around the same time each night.
- Spending more time outside and being more active during the day.
- Reduce stress through exercise
Thanks for reading and remember to share this post and subscribe to our website for more interesting contents